Monday, August 29, 2011

My presentation skill during COMPACT training

This was an internal programme for the employees, for better communication. I am a part of this programme. The first day, pre-assessment. They gave some vocabulary test, e-mail writing and finally the trainees to present a presentation for 5 minutes. This is to judge each ones’ presentation skill. I was very confident in e-mail writing and the other objective types of questions. Finally, we were to present a presentation. I thought of presenting without any slides. The time I entered the room, I was shocked to see some ten people sitting round the table and assessing each one of us. I started with a good tone, and I was very conscious that they were shooting a video. The minute I saw the video I got very nervous and forgot the words. Within a minute I got stuck and I was not able to proceed further.

Why those fear? Are they going to hit me if I am not presenting it well or are they going to kick me off from the office immediately? The answers to all these questions are NO. Because from my childhood I have a habit that I become nervous if I feel somebody is watching me. Now, this is the great obstacle in my career that I have to overcome. I am not sure how I will overcome this fear, but I found one alternate that I should not be conscious when some people are watching me. This will really help to relax myself.

Wait and watch the result of post-assessment…. J

No comments:

Post a Comment